Well...once again, I've fallen off the blogging wagon. Maybe I've never really even been on it! Oh well...learning to accept my shortcomings and my way.to.full schedule. We've been busy with school, work, soccer, now wrestling, LIFE.
BUT
The most important thing that has happened since my last post is that Parker asked Jesus to be his savior on Tuesday night!!!!! He's been ready for a while and has been telling us that he wants to be "bathetized." :) We watched a short DVD that we got from UpWard basketball...and we prayed together. He was so sweet and quiet, almost somber about it all...so fitting and perfect for his personality. He was a little overwhelmed and emotional. He doesn't like to draw attention to himself. When he scores a goal in soccer, he doesn't go crazy celebrating because he doesn't want other people to look at him. We talked about our most important job as a Christian being to tell others about Jesus and how died to save us. So, at bedtime, I prayed over him that Jesus would give him a bold heart and spirit and give him the words to tell others about his decision. At school the next day, he told his teachers. He told me he was scared, but he did it anyway. JT and I are so so proud of our boy. Praying that Parker would seek Jesus and follow hard after him every single day of his life. Praying that his "conversation would always be full of grace, seasoned with salt so that he will have an answer for anyone." Colossians 4:6
(I took this right after he prayed)
"Let us praise the LORD for His great love and for the wonderful things He has done for us." Psalm 107: 8-9

No comments:
Post a Comment